Sunday, August 30, 2009

Metformin

Thank you for the greetings neve and sorry for the late reply. Well what I did feel was on the first week I was bloated really bloated, nausea (super lol), sometimes I vomit or felt like vomiting and constipation. That was for about a week and half, then after that my body get used to it and I rarely have the same side effects though if I eat to much sweet I feel bloated.

Well, I check on the net also that metformin can be helpful in losing weight too coz being on the right weight can balance our hormones and some did get pregnant for just losing weight. I 'am not overweight though I feel I am hehe but I have a big tummy, I think all the glucose was stuck there and doesn't really spread equally to our body and become our energy but instead it becomes stored fats hehe. Most of the RE and OB here are recommending metformin as a first option on handling pcos and sometimes this helps us get pregnant. With me I am on the stage that my body is getting used to it as a did have a mid cycle bleeding, my RE said it was one of the sign that I'am responding to the medicine. Though I dont feel like I'm losing much weight(wish I would) though I think I lost 4 pounds but doesnt feel that I did.

My RE said I should take is for 3 mos and then if I wouldn't get pregnant she'll prescribe me with ovamit(clomid) with metformin. But on friday I'll go to her and asked if its possible that I would start it this september coz' of course I really want to have a baby. This november it's gonna be our 1st year anniversary as a married couple and I pray that by that time I'm already pregnant. There is a thread that I visit on pcos, women are discussing pcos and the medicines though it's in our language only. But I'll try to keep you posted on what's new with pcos and the medicines. I'm trying to research what's the english name for one of our plants here that some people say is a miracle plant its called MALUNGGAY its a green leafy vegetable and it really helps in like diabetes, regularization of blood, anemia and some said it did help them get pregnant. hehe I don't know if some Filipino stores have it there or maybe it has some english name I'll keep you inform.

Take care neve and GOd Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment